Tuesday, January 31, 2012

009 saves the day!

One of my favoirte Christmas trap stories happened when KP5 and KP6 were still very small. My parents used black thread and jingle bells. They were SO hard to see in the dim light! We weren't sure where my parents were sleeping so we didn't want to use any lights that might wake them up, but touching a SINGLE black thread could be very noisy!  

As we approached the stairs we realized that the concentration of theads increased. For about an hour we tried to find a way through the complicated web, but eventually we realized that our biggest problem was that my little sister and brother were too small to accomplish some of the difficult stretchs, and leaps our plan would take.

It was then that I noticed a small hole between the landing and the stairs that would allow us to get through easily. We would have to climb down the stairs by standing on the railing (my parents would have horrified to see us doing this) and then crouch through the hole simutameously twisting so that we would land feet first on the other side.... but again, HOW to get the kiddies though?

The answer is simple: I did the entire thing with KP5 on my back. That's right. Then I went back and did it AGAIN with KP6.

I felt like a War hero going back for a fallen comrade. In fact, I am pretty sure that I was!

The score!
Kids -  9
Parents - 1

You are going to have to step it up a notch from now on Parents! Good luck next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment